Saturday, October 12, 2013

Second Degrees


A student who has successfully completed a degree program can pursue another degree within the same level.

Baccalaureate Degree
Only one (1) baccalaureate degree may be conferred at a time. A holder of a bachelor’s degree from the University may earn another bachelor’s degree upon the successful completion of at least 36 additional units prescribed by a discipline, after the previous degree. (For those who earned their bachelor’s degree from another University, see Transfer Admission from other Universities)

Master’s Degree
A student who has earned a master’s degree in the University can earn another master’s degree provided the following requirements are satisfied:
1) Earn in the University at least 18 graduate units in addition to the course requirements common to both degrees; and
2) Complete all the requirements of the second master’s degree.

These additional units are exclusive of the thesis, or of other requirements in lieu of thesis, and shall be in advanced courses in the student’s major field and cognates from other related graduate courses in the University that may strengthen the new area of specialization.

13 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am a graduate of BSIT at a non-UP school. I'm planning to take Fine Arts at UP Diliman. Is it possible for me to take it as second degree course?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if you pass their requirements. Please contact the College of Fine Arts for the process and details. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. hi, i will be graduating bachelor in political science at pup sta.mesa this may and i want to take up a second bachelors degree of broadcast communication at up diliman, is it possible? and how can i pursue it if it's possible??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i will be graduating BS Bus.Management major in Financial management this October 2015. I am planning to pursue it by taking up BS Accountancy (or BAA in UP) as my second degree. Is this possible? or is it possible to drop my first degree and take BAA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BA or BAA in UP Diliman isn't open as a second undergraduate degree. If you wish, you can finish your current course and enroll in MSBA, which of course has an entrance exam.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I am from UP Manila and will soon be a graduate of BA Philippine Arts. However, I still want to apply for a second degree, BA Fine Arts in UP Diliman. Is it possible? If yes, am I still supposed to enroll for the GEs or general subjects that I've taken up before? (considering that it's just a change of campus hahahuhu)

    I hope you can help me. Hehe thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, you can still apply for a second degree in Fine Arts. The GE requirements you have already satisfied in BA PhilArts are carried over since you acquired it from a UP Constituent Unit.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm from Our Lady of Fatima University, currently taking up BS Accounting Technology and is about to graduate this coming march. I'm planning to proceed my course to BS Accountancy or BSBAA at UP. Is it possible for me to proceed to the said course? thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I'm a graduate of BSIT at Cavite State University and I am planning to take Psychology at UP Diliman. Is it possible ? Would there be an entrance exam? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am about to graduate of Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and wanted to have my BSCE in UP if lucky. Would it be possible for me?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there po! Just want to ask, I'm planning to study a second course not related to my finished course na medical technology, I'm also registered. I wish to apply also here, but do I need to take UPCAT pa po ba? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I graduated from DLS-CSB in BA in Consular and Diplomatic Affairs, and I want to take up BA Comparative Literature. How do I start on my application and is it easy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi! just wanna ask, I'm a graduate of BTTE Elecrical Technology course and planning to take computer engineering at UP. Is it possible for me to take that as second degree? what are the requirements? procedures? your response would be very helpful .. thanks in advance .. :)

    ReplyDelete